Algarve – best beaches in Europe
The Portuguese province of Algarve was named Europe’s Leading Beach Destination at the 2015 World Travel Awards.
Algarve, the popular holiday region in southern Portugal, famous for its clean golden sands, mild climate (the temperature hardly ever drops below 15 ˚ C) and fresh seafood took the lead over Cannes in France, the Greek Island of Corfu, Spain’s Marbella and Majorca, as well as Oludeniz in Turkey and Italy’s Sardinia and reached for the 1st place in this category.
The prestigious title of Europe’s Leading Beach Destination has been given to Algarve for the third time, which makes the region the most awarded destination in this category.
Few of the hotels and resorts in the region have been appreciated and officially recognized by the World Travel Awards:
- Conrad Algarve – the most luxurious resort & spa in Europe and the world, offers Spa & Health Club, 3 restaurants and 3 bars. It won the titles of the „Europe’s Leading Luxury Resort & Spa 2015” and „World’s Leading Luxury Leisure Resort 2015” (com)
- Vila Vita Pars – received the World’s Leading Luxury Green Resort 2015 award. It uses
local crafts (e.g. linen, ceramics) and offers organic food grown on its own farm (vilavitaparc.com),
- Quinta do Lago Hotel – recognized as the best Europe’s beach resort is situated nearby the Rio Formosa Natural Park and few golf courses (com),
- Vila Joya – the finest boutique hotel in Europe offers spa center and a wine cellar with nearly 12 thousand bottles of fine wines and is located nearby 36 golf courses (vilajoya.com)
- Monte Santo Resort – the most romantic resort in Europe with special offers like “Romeu & Julieta” and “Cleópatra” (montesantoalgarve.com).
Established in 1993 World Travel Awards programme is said to be the travel industry’s equivalent to the Oscar’s. The award is given to places, hotels, airlines etc. that have gained most votes from the tourism branch representatives (e.g. travel agencies) as well as clients from all over the world.
More information about the Algarve region is available on: www.visitalgarve.pt.